Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Monarch Butterfly article appears on Homeschool Montgomery Blog

I'm excited to announce that Homeschool Montgomery and Homeschool Frederick, two great online magazines in the area, have published an article of mine about monarch butterflies!

The timing was impecable. As soon as I finished reading my emails this morning I looked out the window and saw two monarch caterpillars on the milkweed. We also found several large black swallowtail caterpillars when we were cleaning the vegetable garden out last night.

3 comments:

Janine said...

I'm pretty sure that the photo with the article is a Viceroy butterfly not a Monarch. The article was great though!

Alison Gillespie said...

I think you are correct! I did not choose the photo and I have to confess that I barely looked at it when the website went up. I will alert the editor of the magazine ASAP. Thanks for the head's up.

Alison Gillespie said...

FYI The editor has now uploaded a new photo.